Thursday, August 14, 2008

What is Truth?



What is truth? I have been reading a book for the past couple weeks that has me really thinking about the concept of truth. There is literal truth, which is what we all think of when we ask if something is true, but there are also other types of truth. Metaphorical truth is the other main type that has been discussed, and, honestly, I am really starting to buy into it. A metaphorical truth can take place in a story in which the circumstances are fictional, but the message is true. I'm not really sure why I decided to open with this idea, but I guess it is just something to chew on until I can come up with something better next week.

Only two weeks left in Seattle! It's so crazy to think about packing up all my belongings and saying goodbye to this house, neighborhood, and the people that make this place so special. The levels of nervousness and stress have battled their way into an equal share of my emotions with excitement. There are two photos that were taken from my deck tonight to illustrate the beauty of the Northwest in Summer. I honestly cannot think of a more beautiful place, although I am certainly open to finding some in the next year!

Big news! I have airline tickets from Portland to New York and New York to Punta Gorda, Belize, thanks entirely to the generosity of my mom and a friend and client here in Seattle. Reserving those tickets was the latest "this is really happening" moment for me. Those moments are really funny because they all feel like the biggest, most substantial shifts in mindset. Of course that is only until the next one comes along and makes the last one seem so insignificant. Each time I experience one I have a little breakdown, even though I know, so very well by this point, that the current situation will soon be dwarfed by another. If only I could get my logical thoughts to jive with my emotions. Maybe it's these moments that make life a ride worth riding. Maybe I should stop trying to get philosophical.

I am posting the first three entries from our website on here because a lot of people were checking and telling me that I hadn't updated my blog in a while. Now they are all on here and there's no more confusion, thanks for checking everyone!

No comments: